10.16.2012

What I Wore :: Fall Comfort

Over the past week or two, the Windy City has lived up to its name. That said, there are few things I hate worse than being cold. During fall & winter months I can often be found cuddled under a chunky sweater or multiple layers. Comfort for me is key.

My boyfriend told me I emulate a librarian in this outfit. I don't disagree. But truth be told, if I saw a librarian in this number, I'd give her kuddos for jazzing up a ho-hum plaid shirt + jean outfit with brogue shoes, dotted socks + cute gold accessories. I'd then ask her what book she recommends. It'd probably be along the lines of "The 4 Hour Work Week", which is what I'd suggest to you if you were to ask me what book I recommended. Now I'm just rambling. 

On with the outfit...





You may recall my post from last week touting brogue shoes.

The above outfit's display of brogue shoes with socks + jeans is just one option that I'm fond of. I also love this shoe paired with tights, socks + a skirt and sock-less. Pictures always speak better than words. 
Side note: These floors are clean. My apartment is just really, really old.

Stay warm, lovelies.

24 comments:

  1. Plaid shirt + cuffed jeans + oxfords = my type of librarian look! haha

    evannclingan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is fantastic, love those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfectly casual, cute comfort! loving the shoe w/ multiple sock options :) XO brynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful! Beautiful idea for a casual chic outfit. By the way, I hate being cold, too... Makes me miserable. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are super cute! If I saw a librarian dressed like you I would totally question them on where they got their outfit before asking them about book options.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! You're perfectly put together!

    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your outfit! Those socks and oxfords are perfection for fall!

    xo,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the plaid with the cardi
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have sequin oxfords that I feel the same way about! Love all these pairings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Librarian chic - in the best possible way! I love your oxfords with those adorable socks the best!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hottest librarian I've ever seen!! I love your brogues:)
    xx, amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the accessories and your charming smile!
    By the way, you have a great blog, I'm following you now. Thank you for the comment on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the plaid shirt & shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that plaid, and those adorable shoes! You are so cute!

    Xo, Rachel
    http://www.glitzyblues.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the cutest. Love the plaid shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shirt & sweater combo!
    Happy Wednesday Hun xoxo
    Enter my Michael Kors Giveaway!
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/2012/10/international-giveaway-michael-kors.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an adorable outfit! Love the plaid and the shoes! Thanks for stopping by my blog! xox

    Alex

    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this look! Plaid shirts are perfect for a chilly fall day. (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could only dream of wearing plaid as well as you, I always feel like a lumberjack. Love your accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So comfy and cute, love the shoes!

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want those shoes!!! I love your blog :) I love that you are smiling in your 'what I wore' photo- far too many girls look a bit moody in theirs!

    You've got yourself a new follower miss :)

    Suzy xx

    theadventuresofsuzyandalex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k