1.22.2013

DIY: Turquoise Beaded Bracelets

Beaded bracelets are some of my favorite accessories - whether layered or worn individually they add the perfect punch to any outfit. The only caveat to these gems are that they can often be expensive, which is why making your own is a great option. When I spotted turquoise beads while on a Michaels visit, I knew I had to incorporate them into my next DIY. I have to say, I was ecstatic with the  elegant-yet-fun results.
They're easy to make & can be made to be completely you - two characteristics that I love most in DIY projects. Keep reading for instructions on how to make your own!
Materials Needed: Wire, beads, crimp beads, clasps & needle-nose pliers. 
Secure the first half of your clasp to the wire by looping the wire through crimp bead, tightening with the needle-nose pliers and cutting off the excess wire. 
Place beads on wire in the desired design. Secure the second half of the clasp to the wire using your crimp bead & needle-nose pliers again.


21 comments:

  1. These are SO cute, great job making them!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Turquoise is one of my favorite stones to wear as jewelry!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I always get so inspired by jewelry posts...I just need to finally make something already! ;) XO Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I love the blue beads with the gold accents. You've inspired me to finally check out that bead shop on Armitage!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These came out great!
    Jenn
    With Luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit - the title of the post had me side eyeing, but these are so chic and pretty! The gold looks so great with the turquoise.

    xx, Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable you crafty minx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bracelets! Turquoise is one of my favourite colours for jewellery :)

    Take care,

    Daniella from LellaVictoria xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to give this a try for some time now and I think after seeing this I will. Those are so cute!

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
    http://plaidandpreppy.blogspot.com/

    -The Plaid Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous jewelry! I need to try this DIY project!

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh...I love it. Great DIY project and looks fairly easy as long as you can find cool beads/stones!

    xo, jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a really great DIY darling, thanks so much for sharing!

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to make my own jewelry all the time and i LOVE turquoise. this is inspiring me to break out my crafting supplies :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous bracelet! I wish i could make jewelry.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really pretty. I don't think I've ever used a crimp bead before but they seem like they make everything easier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love those, what a great idea! there's a bead store down the road from me, now i think im gonna have to check it out!

    -Lauren
    www.prettypiecesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those bracelets are beautiful! Can't wait to go to the craft store and try it out! :)

    xo Michelle

    Fierce & Fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh ! You are so talented.I love those bracelets & the beads are so unique.

    Stiletto High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  19. Turquoise is one of my favourite stones. I love how you have constructed this bracelet with so many different textures and shapes. With turquoise being the common element, it works and looks so effortlessly chic. As a DIYer myself, I look forward to making a similar bracelet!

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k