1.07.2013

Lady Love :: Paris Rouzati

I’m excited to feature Paris Rouzati as a part of the “Lady Love” series. 

I was introduced to Paris when I came across Sweet Lemon Magazine, which she co-founded & is the Creative Director of. Paris is a true “Jill of all trades” - on top of her responsibilities at Sweet Lemon she juggles a blog, classes and full time job.  She's as sweet as she’s smart & witty, and don’t even get me started on how gorgeous she is. A true charming gal, if you ask me. 
What’s your recipe for success?
Lots of coffee. I’m kidding (sort of). I’ve surrounded myself with a lot of people who do what I do – so they understand that I could be juggling classes, a job, a magazine, and a blog. It’s formed a great support team for me. If you surround yourself with positive & supportive people, you can’t go wrong. 

Additionally, I think a major key for success is taking on projects YOURSELF. There is nothing that Google results or a couple YouTube videos can’t teach you. The more you learn things yourself, the wider your skill range becomes, and the more successful you can become. Next, it’s really important to not get discouraged with your failures – understand every failure is a hidden success story. 


Finally, it’s really important to take BREAKS. Turning off my MacBook actually turns on a lot of opportunity for inspiration from the world going on outside of the internet. 




Who do you look up to & why?
Oh my, so many people! I really look up to people who are successful but make sure philanthropy is a huge part of their life. I love Ellen because she’s so smart, a businesswoman, and a wonderful TV personality, but her main goal is always to inspire people. I also look up to people like Tory Burch, because she has created a vast personal brand, embraces and shares the world’s cultures, and she gives a lot back to the very world she is inspired from daily.

What songs are included in the soundtrack of your life?
Just Breathe – Pearl Jam
Long Hot Summer – Keith Urban
Anything Could Happen – Ellie Goulding
Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
Sun – Two Door Cinema Club
Awake My Soul – Mumford & Sons
Skyscraper – Demi Lovato (I love her!)

Oh, and I’m obsessed with Glee.


When you have free time, how is it spent?
I love trying out new restaurants & going to the movies. I love meeting new people and traveling any opportunity I have. I like to read a lot – anything from fiction to business books (feel free to send me recommendations). During my free time, I just like to relax with the people I love. 



Any hidden talents?
I don’t know if I have any hidden talents! I have a knack for learning languages, I play the piano, I actually enjoy public speaking, and if you consider shopping a talent, I’m quite the expert at that. ;)

The top 5 words that describe you are…
Driven
Cosmopolitan
Wordly
Loquacious
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far while heading up Sweet Lemon Magazine and/or blogging?
Other than teaching yourself to do tasks you would have otherwise asked someone else to do, the biggest lesson I learned was the importance of networking. Sweet Lemon has created a network of contributors, new and recurring, and a fabulous & loyal fan base. I have connected with so many talent women, made friends, business connections, and learned so much. It’s so important to network and get yourself out there. There’s lots to give and lots to learn from the world.



Give us your best words of wisdom for leading a charmed life. 
Surround yourself with supportive people, and follow whatever you’re passionate about. Don’t forget to learn from your mistakes, and celebrate your victories whether they’re big or small (with bubbly of course).


"Lady Love" is dedicated to celebrating + supporting fabulous women. Whether starting a business, leading a well-balanced life, or being fabulously creative, this series is about applauding their accomplishments in hopes that they can be a source of inspiration to Isn’t That Charming readers. 


Have an idea for the next feature? Email Hello@IsntThatCharming.net!

15 comments:

  1. Love that online magazine- it's so cool to read more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great interview! i actually have not heard of the magazine so i am off to check it out. ps i loved the bit about failure being hidden success stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing her with this great interview!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fantastic advice! thanks for sharing your interview with Paris.. she is such a wonderful inspiration!

    xx,
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this series, thanks for the intro!!

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh how inspiring! Will go check out her blog now!

    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the kind comment on my blog- great interview.I 100% agree with not getting discouraged by any failures or negative things in your life x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. I'm so honored to be featured on your blog. Thank you so much. Keep being charming, Emily! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview!! I've never even heard of this online mag or her, can't wait to check her out! Hope you have a fantastic 2013!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a wonderful idea, featuring woman that are doing great things (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where have i been? So want to check-out Sweet Lemon + some of those songs on her playlist. Great interview. I love being inspired by creative women.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with taking projects into your own hands! I always learn more when I just jump into things. Google and youtube are great helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love meeting new bloggers, and Paris sounds amazing! I'm going to have to check out her Mag asap!

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great series! I loved getting to know Paris and now can't wait to check out her magazine :) XO Brynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k