3.28.2013

Lady Love :: Albertina Cisneros

You know those women who you instantly like? You can't put your finger on it but there's just something about them.

Albertina from Mimosa Lane is one of those women. Her blog is filled with inspirations ranging from interior design to style, but what I like most about her is the sincerity in her writing. She makes you feel like she's your friend behind the screen.

Beyond her blog, she juggles an Etsy shop and runs a small foundation all while keeping her family at the center of her world.

Now if that's not a woman worth giving a little "Lady Love" to, I don't know who is!







Tell us a little about your job and raising money for brain research.
I run a small foundation called the Child Brain Foundation.  I started it to try and raise awareness about the importance of brain research.  We still know so little about the brain and how it works and there are still so many pediatric neurological diseases without cures that I thought I could help by adding my little grain of sand.  What I love most about running a small non-profit is that I get a chance to give back to the community by focusing on an area that I think needs attention.  

The brain is one of the most important parts of our bodies and of who we are and yet we know so little about it.  I want people to realize its importance and how basic research can help unlock its mysteries.


You run a foundation, blog and Etsy store. How do you manage it all? 
I think prioritization and organization are key.  I use a fabulous paper planner with all kinds of colored pens to keep track of my different responsibilities.  I'm very reward driven, so once I get all my "real" work done for the foundation (like I'm prepping for taxes now and for an upcoming fundraiser in the fall) then I reward myself with some time for the blog. 

 I am also pretty strict about setting time limits to accomplish a certain task, because otherwise there are not enough hours in a day.  This seems to help as well.


What inspires you?
I want to be the best version of myself and constantly strive toward that.  I'm also very aware that my daughter absorbs everything I do and say like a sponge so I want to be the best role model I can be for her.


In one sentence, sum up the key to success.
I can do it in four words - Constancy, Determination and Hard Work.

The top 5 words that describe you are...
Loyal, understanding, thoughtful, responsible and hardworking.

Where is your happy place? 
My happy place is where my husband and daughter are.  No matter where we are when we are together we are home.


Albertina's Etsy shop is filled with colorful eye candy.
What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned while blogging and/or running your store/foundation?
The biggest lesson I have learned from blogging is real relationships are very important even in the virtual world.  And what I have learned from running a non-profit is that a little can go a long way, as in every little penny counts and can make a difference.

Favorite trends of the season?
Ruffles - I find them so feminine.  I'm also loving pieces with bits of sheer fabric - I love the sexiness of having an undergarment peek through, and florals of course -  they make everyone beautiful!

Give us your best words of wisdom for leading a charmed life. 
Know what is really important. I think a lot of people have priorities that are out of place leading them to make wrong decisions as a result.  What is most important to me, my main things, are my family and our health.  If you have these two you can do anything and achieve anything.



"Lady Love" is dedicated to celebrating + supporting charming women. Whether starting a business, leading a well-balanced life, or being fabulously creative, this series is about applauding their accomplishments in hopes that they can be a source of inspiration to Isn’t That Charming readers. 

Have an idea for the next feature? Email Hello@IsntThatCharming.net! 

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

18 comments:

  1. I'm definitely checking out her blog! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Albertina's blog. It's constantly inspiring and pretty. Love this new series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's always great finding out about amazing ladies out there and more blogs to follow! Thanks for the introduction of Mimosa Lane!
    I hope you can stop by and check out my recent giveaway - a python cuff handmade from Indonesia!

    Have a great weekend!

    xo Grace
    www.wrinkledchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! Headed over to check out more of her collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Albertina! I didn't realize that she ran a foundation, what a wonderful thing. Loved getting to know a little bit more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks EMily!! I'm honored you featured me! Such a sweet and thoughtful post. I will link back in tomorrow's post. I'm away and the Internet connection is not the best. Thank you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful..very inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Albertina is inspiring! so lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Albertina is a charming lady and an inspiration. Thanks for sharing this interview!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ALbertina's blog and tes she's an amazing woman!!!
    Aa example to follow for many of us and I'm happy to read this interview to know a little bit more about this great lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Albertina is incredibly inspiring - just adore her so much!! So happy to see her here, Emily!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore Albertina, so I enjoyed getting to know her a little bit more via this interview, she's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Yes I am familiar with Albertina's blog and I love it!

    Ali of

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great feature! I love Albertina and it was so nice to learn more about her!

    elle [
    wonderfelle world]

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Albertina! So great to learn more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Albertina! Great interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love her and her blog too! She is so very sweet!

    XO Lily
    gold & gray

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k