3.27.2013

Off To Hollywood

Today I'm leaving Chicago again - this time for California. It'll be a quick trip filled with adventure as it marks many firsts for me: My first trip to LA, attending my first big event for work, and the first time I'll step foot into Paramount Studios.
I'm so excited, but I'm not going to lie, I'm also a ball of nerves. I'll be helping to work a big event, am sure to meet some fascinating people, and I'm feeling totally out of my element. I just hope I'm not hopelessly awkward.

Cue in :: Jennifer Lawrence. She's mastered the I'm-New-At-This-And-Embracing-It vibe, so I'm trying to take pointers from the hilarious video below. Isn't her realness and sense of humor refreshing?

Plus, not too long ago, I was a sports intern at Fox2News in Detroit and had to interview a bunch of naked Tigers players in the locker room. True story. If I can face the awkwardness of that, certainly I can pull it together for the big event.

Anyways -- I would disclose more, but much of it is a big surprise. Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Twitter for some behind the scenes action!

PS - I have an amazing Lady Love feature that you won't want to miss lined up for tomorrow! Be sure to swing by.

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

26 comments:

  1. JUST BE YOURSELF! It's a well worn cliche for a reason! I'm totes excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it :-)

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Congrats! Cant wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing time! And good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow have fun- you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.s. be yourself and be safe...so cool, congrats :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so fun! Have a blast! Also, I love Jennifer! She is SOOO refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah I love JLaw! I laughed at that interview for a ridiculous amount of time. Enjoy your trip! You'll be great!
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you Ms. Fancy-pants! You're going to kill it! Sending good work juju vibes your way xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like so much fun! Enjoy it and I'm sure you'll do a great job! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun! The California weather will feel amazing compared to this cold Chicago weather!

    Also, that Jennifer Lawrence video is one of my faves. You should also watch this one: http://gma.yahoo.com/video/jennifer-lawrence-oscar-interview-interrupted-080000597.html
    Hilarious. My. Idol.

    xo
    www.lakeshorelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun trip! Good luck and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so so so proud of my emily! keep up the great work, and enjoy the flight! Love you!!

    HeartofChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, a lot of new and exciting firsts coming up! Have a super fun trip!

    And, yes, how NOT to love Jennifer, she's too cute and awkward!

    http://naomemandeflores.com/en

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun in this part of the world! Excited to see what you do! :)

    Jill
    Classy with a Kick

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squeee, exciting times ahead for you!! I would be a big bag of nerves too, but it sounds like you're well prepared and I'm sure you'll do brilliantly! Have a safe journey! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! I love that video of Jennifer Lawrence. She is so down to earth. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have so much fun!! I hope you have lots of celeb sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Naked Tigers players? Girrrlll, you are SO lucky lol! That Jennifer Lawrence video is amazing, she's just incredible, isn't she? You'll do just fine I'm sure. Be yourself, nervous and all. I've found that's the easiest way to do it! You're going to have a blast, can't wait to hear all about it!
    xx
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jennifer lawrence is the best. I can't wait to check out the movie, I've been holding off because I don't want my expectations to be so high and ridiculous. And don't worry about the conference, you'll be laughing at your nervousness a few days later. It always happens that way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Exciting, don't be too nervous, you will be having so much fun, and yes Jennifer makes it look easy. It is always a good idea to be real.
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're in my city!! Welcome!! I hope you have a wonderful time. And kick those nerves...you got this!

    ArteresaLynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. enjoy your trip out to where i live!! cant wait to see who you are meeting and all about your trip

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your trip, I'll be visiting LA for the first time in 3 months, can't wait!

    Stylish Girls Travel Too

    ReplyDelete
  24. So exciting! Can't wait to hear more. I love JL - she seems like a great girl.

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k