5.13.2013

A Glossy Charming Twist :: Dried Rose & Twine Garland

Martha Stewart isn't the only one who gets overly-excited for treats of the DIY variety. In fact, there's a whole community of us who aren't afraid of paint under our fingernails & consider Michael's Craft Store our second home. Martha's Warriors, if you will. Soldiers on the front line, armed with a glue gun and beads as amo. AKA: DIY & lifestyle bloggers.

Two of my favorite cadets & I have teamed up to bring our readers A Glossy Charming Twist, a new series that is DIY certified & Martha approved. Once a month, Alyssa from A Glossy Life, Brynn from Chartreuse and a Twist & I will pick a post theme and whip up a project that's $25 or less. The rules? Simply to be creative. 

With the theme for May being florals, this leg of the trifecta chose to create a dried rose & twine garland to decorate a vintage gold frame that I've had forever. It was actually a really fun & easy DIY to do, and better yet, the total cost was only $15. I love how the garland gives the frame a romantic & feminine touch.





While I actually love the frame open, I did create a little somethin'-somethin' for it to hold. Check back in tomorrow for its reveal. In the meantime, below are the garland directions. Be sure to head over to Alyssa & Brynn's blogs to see what they came up with!
DIY :: Dried Rose & Twine Garland Directions
Materials Needed: Dried flowers, twine, scissors, hot glue gun. 


Measure your desired length of the twine and cut accordingly. Cut dried flowers from stem, leaving approximately 1/2 inch of stem at the bottom. Apply glue from hot glue gun and wrap twine around stem multiple times. Let dry.  

Measure 6 inches on the twine for the placement of your next petal. Repeat above steps until the entire line of twine is filled with flowers, equally spread out. 

Decorate as you wish and enjoy!

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

21 comments:

  1. Super beautiful, I love it :)) Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out great!
    can't wait to see the future projects :)

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so pretty, I absolutely love this!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea. And great diy! So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love how this turned out!!! So pretty and simple, too! (loving simple projects, lately!) I am very excited to be participating in all of this fun :) XO Brynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This came out so cute. Such a great classic look!
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute and so romantic-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for keepin flowers that have meaning to you. :)

    http://happinessiscreating.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the garland! That's such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of all three of your blogs - looking forward to reading up on your DIY offs!

    xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! I've dried flowers before, but then I never really know what to do with them. Love the ornate detail on that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty!! I love this collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cute! I love that you ladies are doing this DIY series and can't wait to see the rest of the creations you come up with :)

    xo
    www.fitfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emily, I love this! So fun. Totally loving this collaboration :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is so pretty! Love it.

    x Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww it looks adorable!


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the idea of this new series and can't wait to see more posts for all 3 of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty and cheap {probably my favorite combination of things...whoops!}. I'm loving this monthly challenge - can't wait to see what you ladies come up with!

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! What a lovely touch on that mirror :)

    <3 Lianna J @ Salem Style Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that all three of you are doing this! So creative and quite elegant too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k