5.06.2013

Yet Another Excuse To Drink Wine

I didn't think my love for wine could grow any deeper, and then I started using bottles as vases and proved myself wrong. I love mixing bottle colors for a purposefully mismatched look, which is made even more delightful with creative labels. (I'm not the only one who buys a bottle by its label, right?)

Throw in always-appropriate mason jars and you've got yourself endless options for displaying florals. My favorite pairing so far this spring was captured for this post - I joined three bottles with one mason jar, and kept all glass colors varied yet complimentary. The end result was an eye-catching display that was almost as lovely as my budding flowers.

Will you use wine bottles as vases this spring? Snap a pic & tag me on Instagram so I can check out your decor inspirations!
Care to dance? Follow my lead.

16 comments:

  1. I've used mason jars before but never wine bottles. They look so pretty. I'll have to give it a try! :)

    http://thegrassskirtblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning, I love blue glass :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures !!

    My mom loves those flowers :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lilies - they look great in the bottles! I have some in our condo right now and they smell amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love using unexpected items for flowers! Would be great for mothers day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the idea!
    I love have more reasons than one to drink some wine. :)

    http://happinessiscreating.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never though of using wine bottles as vases. I love the idea!
    Your flowers are beautiful, i think they would have looked good in absolutely anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's all face facts that we buy wine by the label. :)

    I love your inexpensive decorating idea. I just might have to make it mine this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you most definitely are Not the only one buying wine for its label!!! :)I do exactly the same. i've used them as vases before but haven't for such a long time - can't believe I have forgotten to do this. Using them as candle stick holders is also really really nice. a nice touch to a dinner party too.
    You've re-inspired me! You've styled them in such a great way.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stargazer lilies are my fave! This is such a cute idea for re-purposing wine bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to mason jars and of course wine! I need more fresh flowers in my life {especially living alone now...I need something to love, haha!}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't drink wine, but I did just go out and purchase some really cute glass bottles from a Salvation Army (for 99 cents each!) to use as vases. I'm obsessed with displaying flowers this season!! Yours are beautiful and I really like the mismatched colors.

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never used wine bottles as vases but these look so pretty especially the blue
    glass.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely don't need another excuse to drink wine - but this is a good one! I like the idea that you can break up a full bouquet and spread it out in pretty bottles around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k