6.25.2013

A Glossy Charming Twist :: DIY Metallic Sunglasses

It's that time of the month again! If you immediately thought of another rendition of A Glossy Charming Twist (check out the first post here) then clearly you are a craft genius.

Every month Brynn, Alyssa & I team up for a friendly DIY challenge in which we pick a theme and whip up an artsy endeavor for under $25. With June's theme being Nautical, my mind immediately went to days spent on the lake, soaking in the sunshine with nothing but a swimsuit & sunglasses on.

I've been swooning over sunglasses like these and these, but they're so expensive. (Side note: Who can afford $300+ sunglasses and what do I need to do to become like you?) Instead of dropping that kind of money, I channeled my inner sailor, was resourceful, and created my own metallic version that was significantly cheaper and just as fun.
To paint the glasses I used Martha Stewart's Liquid Gilding paint in gold, which I love for crafts because it stays on any surface like a champ and is super easy to work with.

Now all I need is a boat...

Be sure to check out Alyssa's DIY here and Brynn's here - they're my favorites & always so creative.

PS - Don't forget to swing by the Wallis Facebook page to vote for Isn't That Charming in the Summer Style contest!

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

26 comments:

  1. Love that lace bodysuit/dress you're wearing! And what a fun upgrade to regular sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an easy and fun idea! Love how they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay creative lady...totally LOVE this!!! So easy, too!!! A must try :) XO Brynn p.s. looking gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I've always wanted a pair of metallic sunglasses, but you're right–wayyyy too pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! What a good idea!! xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic DIY, you're so creative hun, the sunnies came out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very cute and unique DIY! I should give this a try.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a FUN DIY...love the gold frames!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great DIY!!
    www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. so funny! i did a post on gold today, too! must be in the chicago air :) Heart of Chic such a cute idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great DIY idea!

    those would look excellent with my Fourth of July ourfit :)

    Nicole
    www.eleganceandclutter.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute! Such a simple DIY but they look adorable.
    xo Dina

    Sweetest Somethings 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! Fun! Love the gold for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! how cool is that??? What a perfect look for summer!!

    Christy
    Sunnywithasideof...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a GOOD idea...I never thought to do this!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Veloria in Velvet
    www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome!! they look great on you too!! I didn't realize MS had that gilding product.....hhmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh la la look at your lacy number. Love it...esp with those super sweet gold sunnies. Great job! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are one smart lady ... these look awesome! What a great idea :) Might have to make one of my boring pairs of sunglasses a makeover here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look amazing I love the frame, very pretty x

    www.krystelcouture.com |Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow you are a genius! loving your version better! smart move!

    Delightful Ideas
    No Bake Cake Pops Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very clever and so stylish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the tip about that paint type - I'm always looking for a good 'any surface' paint for crafts!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so creative! What a fun way to spice up a pair of old frames. Always looking for inspiration for new collections! :)

    Chelsea
    http://rivetandsway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a neat idea! I love designer DIYs. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Congrats on your engagement :)

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k