6.07.2013

June Groove

Remember the school days of watching the clock hand tick closer to depart time as you waited for the bell to ring? That's how I feel on summer Fridays, when we get to leave work at 12:30. I undeniably revert to my giddy 10-year-old-self as I mentally prep for the weekend festivities while watching the minutes trickle toward GetOuttaHere.

Today was the first summer Friday at work and to celebrate I prepared a little *June Groove* playlist that I've been blasting all day. It's a fun blend of etherial and upbeat tunes that's perfect for relaxing with a margarita in hand. Or, in my case, blaring full-blast while driving with the windows down on my way to Michigan. The only thing I'm missing is the margarita in hand - but don't worry - I'll have that covered the rest of the weekend. 


Tune into the playlist on Spotify!

For those that don't have Spotify, here are the YouTube links: LA Calling | If I Were A Ship | Young Girls | Home | Flower | It's Time | The Golden Age | Never Will Be Mine | Bruises | Kill Your Heroes | The King And All Of His Men | Can't Hold Us | Love Is Only A Feeling | Heart It Races

Have a great weekend. xo

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

14 comments:

  1. 1/2 day Fridays are totally like early release days in high school, haha. Love the playlist - we're going to have to jam out to this on Monday and pretend that it's Friday :)

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on Spotify. I'm stuck on Pandora. It took me a long time to get stuck on Pandora so it's going to take me a while to transition to something new. ;)

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    Nicky
    www.mywishstyle.com. NEWPOST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer Friday's are the best. Great playlist. Enjoy your weekend! xo, Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome playlist hun, love Gabrielle Aplin, wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing playlist my dear, will definitely give these songs a listen!! <333 Thank you so much for sharing!

    Liana x
    Dress Code Chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so bad about picking out new music. So I 'm stoked to go listen to what you've put together! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness I am the same way when summer comes!! You are so lucky you have half days on Friday! Enjoy your weekend, and thanks for the music suggestions!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You get to leave at 12:30 on a Friday!? SO jelaous! I thought getting to leave at 4:30 (only 15 minutes earlier than I normally finish) was good!! I haven't heard any of the songs on your playlist, will be giving it a listen asap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you are so lucky! I'd love to leave work at lunchtime on Friday! :) Have a great weekend!


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  12. jealous of your summer fridays! i need some of those in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Summer Fridays :) Playlist looks awesome!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these tracks! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k