7.09.2013

Home Inspiration :: Oars on Walls

Over the weekend, while highway cruising back to Chicago from Michigan, Doug & I came across an antique market. Now, Chicago is known for many things, but pop-up antiques-for-a-steal typically aren't in the mix, which is why I practically jumped out of the car in excitement. I'm so happy we stopped because we found a ton of eclectic apartment finds for almost nothing.

One of these finds was a set of vintage oars. They're green, weathered and so cool. I'm thinking they'd be perfect as a living room addition, possibly over a couch to create a room focal point. The great thing about pieces like this is that they're versatile, but these limitless options are causing a mini dilema in my room planning. Which is why I've come to you.




via | via | via | via | via

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

16 comments:

  1. crossed or side by side would be my choice!
    Jenn
    With Luck Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jen, crossed or side by side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them crossed–and they're even cooler over the bed. What an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the crossed way the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look for a lovely little beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, very cool idea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful idea! I really love the crossed look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea, looks lovely for a seaside home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look for a refreshing/nautical vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love oars in decor! Very lakehouse chic. I would say crossed or seperated over two windows/focal pieces are my favorite options.

    xx, Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. In LOVE with this idea!

    PS, you may have a copycat of this in Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i dig this. a whole helluva lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a neat find! i like them crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool find! I like them side by side one another on a wall - except maybe "head to toe" instead of both right side up.

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. perfect for a lake house or a summer home. I like them side by side!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them separated. Lucky you finding such a good deal!

    ps - check out my awesome Jack Rogers giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k