7.18.2013

Tribal Zone

Who cranked up the heat in this city?! It's been hot. Really, really hot. While the heat makes my non-air conditioned apartment almost unbearable, I don't mind because summer is for spending all your time outside anyways.

As the great outdoors currently channels the climate of a South American rainforest, one needs to dress accordingly. And so I brought out a tribal printed cropped top. If you're like me, you initially looked at crop tops with apprehension and memories of year-2000 pop stars navels. But, my dears, there is a solution. Simply hike your skirt up a bit & you'll transform your look from teeny-bopper to age-appropriate chic.

Tribal prints carry themselves, so I paired my top with a simple flowy skirt, hemp-soled shoes and a pop of red to play up the outfit's more playful side. And then I danced around the city like the native Midwestern I am.
 

PS - A big congrats to Jenn from With Luck Blog - you're the winner of the $50 Country Club Prep Giveaway! Look for an email today with next steps.

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

19 comments:

  1. You are the cutest! I'll admit, I'm staying pretty far from the crop top trend–I just can't pull it off–but I LOVE it on other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable!
    totally rocking the cropped top.

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously adorable! I bought a crop top from Forever21 and have been too self conscious to wear it - apparently I just needed to also buy a flowy skirt at the same time so I could pair them together!! Love the pop of color in that burnt orange purse!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking fabulous as always! Love the lace skirt + flats combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! Your shirt is so pretty and I love the back and the pattern. Happy Friday!!
    xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great skirt! Perfect for a super-hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveee the back of that shirt! and yayyyyy! Thank you for the giveaway!
    :-D <-- big smiles all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this outfit! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that top! Enjoy the sun - soon it will be winter and you'll be cold :-O

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a fellow lover of crop tops, you pulled this off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still hesitant when it comes to this trend but I thin you definitely pulled it off well! Love the tribal top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's even hot here in the UK! That's a great warm weather outfit - cool and chic. I love the detail on the back of the top.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous outfit, we've been having a heatwave in England as well :) xxx

    I left my heart in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute!! I couldn't pull that off...but you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. STOP. you're so cute. wear that to Oakbrook tomorrow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look smokkkinnnn. Loving the tribal crop on you!

    xx, B of Bubbly in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k