8.08.2013

Lollapalooza Fashion + Scarf As A Shirt

Lollapalooza is by far one of the best people-watching events. You can literally sit on the grass for hours while aimlessly taking in the music and watching passerbys go to and from their next concert destination. Every year draws a new crowd, and this year was one of the most interesting by far. I'm not sure if the attendees are generally getting younger, or if I'm just noticing things in a different light, but I felt...old.

Yes, old. As in, I saw countless teeth covered in braces. As in, I found myself wondering where their parents were. As in, my jaw dropped at the cheek-bearing-shorts that most girls were wearing. I found myself channeling my inner grandmother while saying, "Oh my word, kids these days. I can't imagine her father would approve. Should I tell her to cover up?"

As if grandma speaking through me wasn't enough, I even started talking in "rapper". It went something like..."Oh. My. God. Becky. Look at those shorts. They're so small. Her butt is just, like, out there." (Pat on the back if you got that reference.)

Net net, in one weekend I've successfully transformed into both a grandma and a rapper. Didn't think it was possible? You must not have been there.

Of course, there were plenty of fashionistas worth applauding. Festival gear should be comfortable, airy and boho-chic. And while I may shake my head at too-short shorts, I appreciate a healthy dose of skin when done right. Festivals are hot, after all, and hey you're only young once. I snapped a few photos of some lovely ladies who I thought were on-point. Would you agree?
I myself was a midriff-bearing festival goer over the weekend. Only, instead of a shirt, I got creative with a scarf. Though a tube bra would have been the least head-turning of the crowd, I wanted to add a feminine touch to my outfit, and a floral scarf seemed to be the perfect addition. When paired with a white skirt, metallic bag & gold feather earrings it had just the right amount of youth & hot-day comfort while still being tasteful.




Tell me, would you wear a scarf as a shirt? It certainly must be in the right setting, but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Care to dance? Follow my lead.

13 comments:

  1. Your outfit is perfect for the occasion- small enough to beat the heat, and then stylish enough for a festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was at lolla last year and completely agree with you about feeling old! it seemed like half the people there were high schoolers sporting some major "butt cleavage" {i can't help but laugh saying those words}.

    Molly {Dreams in HD}
    http://dreamsinhd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you're wearing! And I can only imagine how LITTLE clothing there was happening there this past weekend–makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it!

    p.s. I'm not afraid to admit I know every.single.word. to Baby Got Back. Rap dual?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally pulled off a scarf as a shirt! I must admit, this title made me a little nervous, but I can't get over how cute it came out. Especially the back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This event sounds so fun! Lol, I think I would be in grandma mode too if I saw those dental floss shorts. Very stylish ladies indeed. You look so pretty in your boho cropped outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lolla was so much fun this year! I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just moved to Chicago, and can't wait to attend Lolla next year! I definitely would have been a grandma in the crowd because kids these days...oh jeez! Love your outfit-pretty and simple :)
    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! Would never have thought to do that, but now you've got me thinking..... :)

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super outfit...very cool idea x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! I keep hearing about this fabulous concert. I need to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your kind visit, wish you well for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute - I have a few large scarves that would totally work for this.

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super! What a great way to use a scarf! I would totally do this, but I want your waistline;D With the midriff appearing frequently, you mastered the look with what you already have. I love it!

    Ann ;D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k