12.03.2013

Closet Raid

Particularly when the weather is cold, I like to be prepared for any occasion, which often results in what some would refer to as an "overpacking problem". We're talking layers upon layers, on top of more layers, and an extra layer or two just in case they're needed. (They're never needed.)

There is an exception, however, and that's when I pack for a little place called home. You see, home contains one thing that other destinations don't: my mom's closet. It's a magical oasis filled with shiny accessories and adorable items that I swoon over, and it's the root cause of me "forgetting" to pack outfit additions like the below plaid blazer (Similar here & here) & zipper-lined belt pictured below. 

Side note for my mom - I may or may not still have your gold chain necklace & zipper belt. I promise may bring them home for Christmas, when I "forget" to pack enough again, and certainly will need to peruse your closet once more. Sowwyyyy.


:: Shop The Post :: Blazer - Target (Past Season). Similar here & here | Boots - Similar here | Bee Gem Necklace - Baublebar | "E" Necklace - Similar here

20 comments:

  1. Wow your mom has great taste, I see it runs in the family!

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the jacket xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the plaid blazer - so festive!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving what you have on sweetie , u r definitely a real fashionista and know how to put together a gorgeous outfit

    I Have a new OOTD (( STRIPS MADNESS FOR FALL ) , must see

    N@NY
    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/

    P.S. Follow me on insta & i will instantly follow back @nanyslife

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blazer! I totally steal my family's stuff while I'm home for the holidays haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obsessed with this blazer, Em! Also, I'm a huge fan of raiding my mom's closet too–except one time I lost something, so that didn't go over well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom and I are the same size, so we often share clothing, too! Love this blazer

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah that's awesome you can share clothes with your mom. I love my mom but we def don't have the same style ha.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great blazer! That's so awesome that your mom has amazing style too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great blazer! My mom tries to "share" clothes with me but she ends up stealing them from me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always steal my moms clothes and jewelry, she has a great sense of style! Plus I let her borrow my clothes sometimes too!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute blazer! i love going home and looking through my mom's jewelry box :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. that blazer is everything! So sad its from a past season. You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Raid all the closets! I love coming home to my moms closet, I always find something I 'accidently' take home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I picked up that blazer last year too! Such a great Target find! Maybe I need to raid my own closet and bring it back around!
    HOTPINKstyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this look! I need to add more plaid in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute closet raid! Really fun look for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Emily, I'm Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd like to invite you to WhaIWear. With 1,5 million page views a month, WhatIWear is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE at the spotlight. (www[dot]whatiwear[dot]com)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your mom's belt is such a great piece! Maybe not for her sake, but for ours I hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fashionable mama you must have!! The blazer looks great on you!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k