1.22.2014

Plaid + Sequins

After a particularly lazy Saturday afternoon, I looked at the clock and realized I had a mere 15 minutes to get ready for a night out with girlfriends. My closet glared at me, dressed in old jeans and a plaid shirt, daring me to be on time. Challenge accepted.

I'd already decided that the comfortable shirt I'd lived in all day was a must for the evening. In lieu of passing it up, I dressed it up by swapping jeans & slippers for a sequin skirt & black booties. My hair had just crossed the threshold of ponytail-able, a feat I welcomed with open arms, so I excitedly gathered it with a silver glitter hair tie. A statement necklace and red lipstick completed the look, and with that I was ready to rock and roll.

What I loved most about the quick-compiled outfit were the compliments that flowed throughout the night. The fact that it was thrown together was between my couch, closet and I. But the secret of mixing textiles to create a chic look will be between you, me and those who compliment you for trying out this fab styling trick.

9 comments:

  1. Plaid and sequins looks like an excellent combo to me :)

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely skirt, sequins are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! love the mix of plaid + sequins! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination! But side question - how do you get away without wearing tights in Chicago? it's SO COLD right now!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite combos! :) love the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this play up on a winter classic - so cute Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabulous and creative styling of this look, the skirt is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plaid and sequins are SO good! Love the combination on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, girly! Why are you always just the cutest?! Loving this combo so, so much!! XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k