2.05.2014

DIY Valentine's Day Nail Art

Nail art is one of those things that I've admired from afar but have never dared to attempt on my own. My problem is that one hand (left) ends up looking decent while the other (right) resembles that of a 5 year old trying to color in-between the lines. Being ambidextrous was never a natural talent of mine.

However, I decided to try it out after being inspired by Megan's adorable baby blue nails in this post. My self-prescribed rule was to keep the lines straight and choose a design that required minimal painting talent. I didn't have the proper tools - just nail polish and a few desk items - but I'm happy to say they didn't turn out half bad!

All this is to say that it's been Emily-vetted, and thus it's been proven to be the ideal DIY nail art tutorial for anyone who doesn't really do nail art. Now, go dazzle someone with your skillz.
Directions after the jump!



Colors Used - Cute As A Button, Really Red & Good To Go from Essie, All About You from Sinful Colors
Step 1 :: Paint the first coat on your nails. Let dry completely.
Step 2 :: Once the first coat is dried, use small sections of tape to line the nail on an angle. (Yes, that's Scotch tape on my hands, ha!) Apply new color to the tip of nails. Let dry completely. 
Step 3 :: Remove tape. Apply third color on the line that divides the first two colors. I didn't have a toothpick so I used the tip of a pencil, which worked just fine!
Step 4 :: Let completely dry. Enjoy!



11 comments:

  1. This came out so cute...I love the red/pink combo. And of course, that knot ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Perfect color combo for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous doll, love the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I like this nail art - fun, but not too crazy, and easy to do at home.

    xo,
    Rachel
    Suppose Anything Goes

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! Love that you found items around your office that you could use! And this was a good reminder that I need to get cracking on some Valentine's nails on my blog! EEK.

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  7. so fun! i'd be good painting the left hand.... but my right would look like a mess! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool! I have the same situation happen between my left and right when I do my nails too. I'm glad I'm not alone. haha I never tried to apply the line with a pencil, great idea, thanks for sharing!

    Toodles,
    Marquise
    http://honeyinmyheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got mad skill girlfriend! I need to get on the nail art train :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails look great! I may have to try this :)
    xo,
    Al
    www.sparklesandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these!! Girl, you got some skill! Such a cute color combo and love the pop of gold! Thanks so much for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k