4.02.2014

Babys Breath


Just like the flower, this post is quite simple. 

My love for babys breath started years ago, somewhat by accident. An impromptu decision to add flowers to my grocery store purchase left me disappointed because there were only wilted options available. With the exception of babys breath, of course. "These will do," I thought, and threw them into my basket. 

They lasted weeks. As in 2 - 3 weeks. For those that frequently purchase flowers, you know that this is a tough feat to accomplish. Another bonus? They filled every room with a sweet, light, delicate scent. Again, for weeks. Plus, they required minimal maintenance. No switching out water every other day, no gooey substance when cleaning out the vases that held them. Just easy, tender, pretty touches that added a little charm to every room they were in. 

Since that serendipitous first meeting, they've my go to flower of choice for decor. They're great as filler flowers or on their own - versatility at its finest. Which is always a breath of fresh air. 

9 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, I always think these look lovely as a wreath for the table or a door or even to wear. Very lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although once a taboo "filler flower," I think baby's breath is making a comeback. I, too, love how simple and delicate it is. Beautiful shots!

    xx,
    Rachel
    Suppose Anything Goes


    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the bottles you've displayed them in. Where did you get them?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of this post! I usually use baby's breath as a filler but I will have to try using it as a simple accent in our apartment this spring!
    Katharine
    www.paytington.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the simplest flowers are the prettiest! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but perfect. I love baby's breath. Though I will say, their name gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely styling! Baby's breath is so pretty in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos! Such a charming post. ;) I just found your blog- so cute.
    Happy Monday,
    xoxo Aimee
    Bows&Beau-ties
    ps. Bows&Beau-ties' 1st birthday giveaway going on now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I had no idea that baby's breath was so low-maintenance -and- had such a lovely scent! I'll look for some at my local market when I'm next walking by :) I love your colored glass bottles!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k