6.06.2014

Wedding Bells Are Ringing!

Has it really been almost a year since we got engaged?! It went by in the blink of an eye. During the beginning of the planning process, after we set June 7 as a date, I remember thinking about how far away it seemed. And now that day is tomorrow. It feels absolutely surreal. 

Looking back, the engagement process been one heck of a ride. The proposal was a complete surprise, and my ring couldn't be more perfect. After picking our wedding venue, the next thing I did was ask my bridesmaids with this adorable DIY project. We're all wearing the knot rings on on our right hands on the wedding day. Le sigh! (What else will they be wearing? Here's a little hint.) My bachelorette party (Check out the gift I made for the ladies) included hysterical 80s ski clothing and granny panties, in which I paraded around town with a band of neon counterparts in tow. That's what friends are for, right? In a more classy attempt at style, this dress made an appearance to my first bridal shower, followed by this dress at my second. Both showers were unbelievable and made me tear up with gratitude. And now, here we are, ready to walk down the aisle. 
Clockwise from top :: We're engaged! :: A glimpse at the ring :: Celebrating saying "Yes" to the dress :: Our Save The Date postcards :: An 80s-themed bachelorette party :: My first bridal shower cake, made to match the wedding invitations :: #Emiloug stamp of approval on our thank you notes :: A favorite from our engagement photos :: Getting ready for sparks to fly this weekend!
All of a sudden this week I felt a wave of calmness rush over me. It's here, it's happening, and we've done all we can to make it great. The weather man says sunshine and clear skies, which is more of a relief than I can begin to tell you considering the wedding is all outdoors. Now it's time to enjoy the ride as I get married to my best friend. I can't stop smiling.

...And I can't wait to share with all of you what we've had up our sleeve for a year! Though I've given away little hints here and there, I've been keeping the details of our wedding hush hush. I couldn't ruin all the surprises for our guests, could I? Now that it's here, I'll tell you this: Our wedding is on a vineyard in Michigan, and I hope that the DIY projects we've been working on would make Martha Stewart proud. Be sure to follow along on Instagram (#Emiloug is the wedding hashtag) for all the details as they're unveiled! 

Psst -- Doug and I are jetting off to our honeymoon right after the wedding, but I still have lots of goodness planned over here! Be sure to keep stopping in for some fun outfit posts, the scoop on my favorite new app, and Real Blogger Beauty where I'll chat about insecurities as a blogger. 

Hasta luego, my dears! When I'm back, I'll be a Mrs. It's a wonderful, exciting feeling. 

7 comments:

  1. Have a beautiful wedding doll, I hope it's a joyful and very blessed time!! And I wish you lots of happiness. Remember to enjoy yourself and take it all in :))) You'll be a gorgeous bride, no doubt :))) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Emily! Wishing you and Doug a beautiful wedding day and an even more beautiful marriage! Can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have such an incredible weekend (and honeymoon!), Emily! I can't wait to keep up via Instagram. You're going to be the most beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ring is STUNNING! Can't wait to see all the snaps from your big day. Relax and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a happy wedding weekend!! CONGRATS! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about the festivities!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful wedding weekend and CONGRATS!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k