10.06.2014

Anthropologie Fall Fashion Show

Pose, walk, pose, walk back, pose, exit right. It sounds simple, but when you've got a crowded room staring at you, it's hard not to revert to "deer in headlights". Nerves aside, I waltzed down the runway in a gorgeous embroidered gown at the Anthropologie fall fashion show for their store on Southport Ave. Luckily it went off without a hitch - no deer in headlights here, and I also didn't trip! These details alone deserve their own round of applause.
Ready for the behind the scenes scoop? Read on!

I arrived at Anthropologie to find the dressing room transformed into a beauty salon. Hair and makeup stylists already had their seats filled as they primped and prepped. There was music playing, champagne flowing, and models trickling in as we waited for our turn to get "Anthrod". 

What does "Anthrod" mean? It's a look. Every woman came into the store as, well, ourselves...but left for the runway as the more than fabulous version of ourselves, looking like we stepped right out of the brand's magazine. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that every model walked away from hair and makeup with audible, "Ohh I love that look on you" coming from one another. We all had the most gorgeous styles, all revolving around the same etherial yet chic vibe that Anthropologie is known and loved for. It was so impressive!

After hair and makeup (Okay, and a few glasses of champagne), things moved really fast. We got dressed, had a pep talk from the manager, and started to be called for the line up. I heard names being called out loud as everyone was put into their place, keeping a sharp ear for my own. Name after name was rolled off, and I began to worry, thinking that perhaps I was accidentally left off the lineup list.

Soon I was one of the only models standing as my name was called with a sweet explanation that I was to be the finale look. My thoughts can only be described by !!!!! (I'll just go ahead and add on a few more !!!'s for good measure.) I anchored that line with perhaps too visible of excitement, momentarily forgetting that I was supposed to be calm and collected. (Whatevs. Cool is overrated.)

My new friend Kat and I!
You could hear the crowd's voices as they started to sit down around the runway. An announcer kicked things off as music started and the line started to move, and - BOOM - I was in front of the crowd doing my thing. I honestly don't remember much, it went by so fast, but I do remember seeing Dougy cheering with a big smile on his face in the front row. (The. Sweetest.) I also remember my end pose having a slight lip quiver out of nerves, but my friends have since assured me that you couldn't tell. Thank goodness. 

Now, let's chat about my look of the evening, because my dress was by far the most fabulous part! I was wearing the Embroidered Glacia Gown with two headbands layered in my hair. I felt like I needed to leave that store and transport straight to Coachella - it was the perfect look for a festival. The best thing about this dress is that it can easily be worn for as an everyday look by pairing it with a jean jacket, or perhaps a cute belted cardigan. 


A huge, huge thank you to Anthropologie's Southport team for including me in this amazing opportunity! I had an absolute blast and feel so fortunate to have had this experience. Another huge thanks to my friends that came to watch the show, including my blogging buddies MayaKelly and Jess. You guys made me feel so special.

Cheers to fall fashion, and cheers to Anthro!

7 comments:

  1. what a fun event! you look gorgeous emily! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your look is PERFECT. They obviously saved the best for last, you little rock star you!

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN! You look absolutely gorgeous, and I'm sure you rocked that runway. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so amazing! I adore that dress, and you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a fun experience! And that dress!! I think I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is gorgeous! You can now say you are a model :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k