11.17.2014

Alright, Let's Do This.

via
via
This past week, I had to remind myself to stop for a moment and just breathe. {On that note, this post was great for me to revisit!} When the clock struck 5 on Friday, I totally disconnected from technology. Doug and I were in Michigan to spend time with his parents since we won't see them for Thanksgiving, and on a drive where I'd normally crank out 4 hours of work, I slept. The entire weekend I neglected email, read books, saw a movie, ate a few donuts guilt-free, and enjoyed time with no agenda. And when Sunday came, I made a really long to-do list for my upcoming week while looking it square in the eye and said, "Alright, let's do this."

To say that life has been busy lately would be an understatement, and to be totally honest, it's thrown some curve balls that I wasn't prepared for. I've had to step back and remind myself to both relax a little, and keep on keepin' on, which are two feats that don't often work simultaneously well, but are both absolutely necessary.

I'll give away one spoiler alert before I start to tackle that said to-do list of mine: Blair and I are working on a big project, and we have every intention of moving mountains. I'm beyond excited. The future is filled with really amazing things. 

6 comments:

  1. I have been finding my weekends a lot less work filled lately. I'm slowly sliding into the mentality that work is for the week and the weekends are mine and mine alone. That being said, Mondays are the worst ever (but at least I get that little break!)

    Ashley
    Sunday Brunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you've been working on! I need a weekend just like the one you described, especially with the holidays coming up...note to self for this coming one ;)

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post. I don't know how you juggle all that you do, but I'm so inspired by your work ethic and the fact that you realize how important it is to take breaks and step away from it all from time to time. Can't WAIT to see your new project. Eeeee! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous post - glad to know I'm not the only one that has been feeling overwhelmed lately! I suppose it's that time of year. Glad you were able to get away for a weekend and unplug from everything - we all need that from time-to-time to save our mental health and sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like some fabulously cozy winter socks!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

design + development by fabulous k